Friday, April 6, 2012

"Loving you is completely worth it"



I am in Africa once again! Praise God everything went smoothly and I have safely landed in Ghana.

This past week has been a BUSY one!! I knew it would be hectic when I got here at first, but sometimes we can never fully prepare ourselves for the challenges that lay ahead sometimes. I am so thankful to be sitting here and have a chance to let my mind and body process what this week entailed. THERE IS A LOT TO process! :) haha

After being awake for almost 30 hours after my flight...I was definitely ready to hit the sack when I finally got to the house. With the long anticipation of finally coming back to Africa was combined with the extreme sadness that followed after I said goodbye to my friends and family. The lack of sleep and the realization of the responsibilities that lye before me, I was very overwhelmed the first couple days. God is faithful and once I got some sleep, I am able to think more clearly and Ghana is becoming more and more familiar. In a way it seems like I haven't left, but at the same time it is ENTIRELY different in so many ways.



I sit here and pray and ask the Lord to show me what duties I must fulfill while I am here and what is most important. Right now I know without a doubt that God has put it on my heart to love these precious children and babies here in Ghana, Africa. Because this is my first week here, there are still lot of loose ends I need to get done and most importantly get to know my surroundings. I will be traveling back and forth to the baby HOMe by Tro Tro (public transport) and making back home in the evenings for dinner. The list continues and I take it one day at a time. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for a loving merciful and gracious Lord to talk to when I get overwhelmed.



BABY: AMA, Beautiful little baby, four months old. She was abandoned and now is being loved at HOMe.


BABY: AKOS, Oh Akos has melted my heart. She is so precious!!!!!!!!


I will be working at the Baby HOMe during the week. I will be just have the responsibility of loving these sweet babies and helping take care of them. After dirty diapers and runny noses and taking care of their sicknesses, I know with a thankful heart this is where God wants me.




"Loving you is completely worth it" are the the words I kept saying over and over again as I held Akos for the first time. I couldn't help but cry when I finally got to hold one of these babies. I have worked and waited for over a year and I finally got to hold one of these beautiful creations that God created.

I will write again soon...I want to post this blog before the power goes out.

It is raining hard outside!!!!


May He be glorified,

Selina


prayer requests:

For my adjustment being a single women living on my own here in Africa.

The babies and a girl named sandra at the baby home!!!

That I take time to spend time in the word of God and focus on my relationship with Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment