Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Waiting anxiously...




The countdown begins. :) I have about 2 months left to wait before I walk on that plane in Chicago and make my way back to Ghana, Africa. My heart is so thrilled that the date is quickly approaching. I am definitely ready to move on and experience what God has in store for me in Ghana. I have received my visa and bought my ticket. All I have to do is purchase travel insurance and start buying my supplies needed for a year. (this could be tricky) I am not that good at planning that far in advance! haha That's okay as long as I have enough to get me started there...I know God will let everything else fall into place.

My life has changed so much over this past year. I have learned a lot and I have gone through some rough patches this past year. I always know God is there standing and waiting to pour His mercy and grace. Our faith sometimes takes on a rocky path, and sometimes we might fall along that path. If we fall or stumble...we must be strong enough to get back up on our feet and keep walking. We MUST remember that we are acceptable and will always be Christs beloved if we believe in Him. May we not live for ourselves, but for Christ. God sometimes puts things in our life to show us what is truly important. Are we willing to stand strong?! This is my prayer.


This life can be so busy and we can get so caught up in the here and now. Its easy to be satisfied with our material and temporal belongings and live for our work or other consuming things. I admit I and anyone can fall into the routine of life and be only focused on ourselves. Then there are the times when I am hit hard with the reality. Christ is our creator, He made this entire world. God put you in this world, and you are breathing because He allows it. I am one of six billion people on the planet. My life can end at any minute. God has a purpose for my existence and yours. Everyday that passes is another opportunity to praise and give Him glory. A day to bless someone else and make someone smile and feel loved. A day to be humble and kind to others, to show Christs gentle love. I sit back, and think "am I doing this?" Am I truly living for Christ everyday?

I admit...days slip by without me noticing. A day when I live only for myself. I don't want those days to turn into weeks and then into months and years without living it for Christ. I know the TRUE joy Christ brings me when I am in his presence and finding my satisfaction in Him. There is no greater joy that can compare! My hearts cry is that I only let Christ hold my heart and Him alone.

Ghana is approaching fast. I lean on Christ to give me peace and direction while I am there. I pray for smooth travels and for Him for provide the finances I need in order to stay for a longer period of time. Pray that I will continue to strive after Christs pure heart. I want to seek His will and stand strong.

Keeping my eyes on Him!
Selina





Please read this encouraging Psalm that my friend Tammi just read to me :)

Psalm 146

1 Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD, my soul.
2 I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in human beings, who cannot save.
4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.
5 Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD their God.

6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
he remains faithful forever.
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free,
8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the foreigner
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
10 The LORD reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.

Praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment