Wednesday, February 2, 2011



With February 14th approaching, I am only here in Ghana for twelve more days!! I am sitting here thinking “wait…what…already?!”  The day to go home is just around the corner, which I don’t like to think about. I am going to be very sad to leave the babies, friends and my family here in Ghana. God has shown me so much while I have been here….I guess I don’t even know where to begin.  My time here in Ghana has been wonderful and an experience I will carry with me forever. I pray that God will use this experience to show me where He wants me.


I have to admit I have had my hard days here in Ghana. I have come to learn that Missionary life overseas isn’t always the adventurous and the exciting life we want to think it is. It is just living life day to day in a culture and life that is so different from our own. Accepting the changes and challenges we face with God is mind. We may not always see the results right away with what we want to accomplish, but we have to trust that God is still working and that we serve a faithful, all powerful God. I yearn to be completely satisfied in Him. I want Him to be most pleasing to me…because that is when He truly gets glorified!! I pray that I would not seek any temporary satisfaction from this world that is above Christ. Christ needs to be our life…our everything!! God finds pleasure in us through His son Jesus Christ, why wouldn’t I find my father in Heaven completely pleasing?! Sometimes this just blows my mind on why I would forget to strive after this simple truth!!
I am praying for more babies to come! I want to hold and love some more before I go home. God willing we will get some soon. Ko-Jo, Juliana and Emily and the small baby Ko-jo are all doing very well. Pray that the adoption process goes smoothly and quickly for these babies. Such a blessing to see the Lord provide such wonderful Christian families for them to be with, even though I wish I could just take them all home with me on the plane. Hehe ;)



Recently I got the opportunity to visit the school for the deaf. I believe this is one of the only deaf schools in Accra. It was a great experience! When I got home at the end of the day I said “I just realized something…I didn’t say hardly anything ALL day, all I did was sign” This would be a first for me! Haha It was great practice! (my mind was exhausted!!)  Still so excited to take some sign lessons when I get back home!!
                                            SAMUEL                YAOSTE            ENOCH
                                                                      DEAF SCHOOL
                                                 IN THE CLASSROOM


                  
I was able to experience the busyness of downtown Accra with a friend the other day. It was a lot of fun!


These next two weeks are going to be VERY busy. We are having a team come from the states in just a few days. I know time is going to fly by! I want to soak up my last few weeks here in Ghana, Africa. I am so thankful for God allowing me to come here. It has been so eye opening and humbling experience.

I hope to have one more update before I leave for the States.
Thank you all for the support through your prayers!!! God is working here in Ghana through West African Mercy Ministries and I hope it has been a blessing to your walk as you prayed for His hand here. 

3 comments:

  1. ah selina! you are beautiful and i am so glad for your time africanizing. praying for your last weeks.

    -faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selina,

    What this experience must be. Wow. I pray that my children have an opportunity to serve Him on some sort of mission. Can't wait to see you, when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YO YO YO! I'm sad to here you are leaving that area of ministry, but I'm sure God has another one lined up in your future. For now its time to prepare again for the road ahead. I hope you enjoy the last few days, and that God may lay on your heart where He has for you and your life of service. I don't pray as much as I'd like for you, but hey, I'm human. I miss you and I can't wait to talk in person some day. I hope I see you around. Keep strong, and endure on!
    Love ya Selina!
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete