Thursday, December 9, 2010


 JULIANNA
                                                                  ALL FOUR BABIES


Wow, time is rolling by! So much has been going on these past weeks. It is already the month of Christmas.....WAIT what? I have to admit, I do not feel all that “Christmasy” this season. Experiencing white Christmas in Upper Michigan all my life and then moving to the 90-100 degree heat with high humidity everyday does not work in my mind. Maybe in time it will come…? haha Hey who knows…snow could fall in Ghana, Africa RIGHT?!  Yeah I thought so. :)
I put up photos of the four babies we have been taking care of.  The little girl I am holding above is Juliana, who is HIV positive. The boys are Ko-jo and Evans. The other little girl is Emily.
I am still very much enjoying my time here in Ghana, Africa.  It has been very busy and on the go these past weeks. The last couple of weeks consisted of moving into a new house.  The McIntyre family and I have been packing and packing and then unpacking and organizing non-stop it seems for weeks.  Haha                             We are glad to be now getting the new house in order.
                                                                         NEW HOUSE

                                                                BAKING COOKIES (tommy calls them his "little bundles of joy")
The baby Home at Echoing Hills is open and we have gotten a new little baby boy last week.  So we now have three babies at the baby home and there are still two babies here at our house.  I have also started painting a mural at the baby home, which has been fun so far.  I will put up pictures when I am finished. I am still experiencing the new culture all the time.  Living here for almost three months now has allowed me to start getting to know people and know their culture on a deeper level.  There is always something new to learn. 
They are having a deaf camp at echoing hills for Christmas time.  So a deaf come from all over Ghana to come to this camp. I am excited to meet the ones coming. 
                                                          CAREGIVERS AT  THE BABY HOME
I have noticed that there is so much to get involved in here, sometimes I feel overwhelmed. There many ministry opportunities. So right now I have decided to focus why I came here and that is to help the McIntyre’s with the baby home and the babies at the house. I am still learning some sign language while I am here…I am still very much interested and loving learning it!
I will add more to this update soon…..!!!
Thank you all who have been praying. 

                                                                EMILY



KO-JO and JULIANNA
EVANS


No comments:

Post a Comment