Thursday, November 4, 2010









Well I am getting used to the routine of daily life here in Ghana. I have been focusing mainly my time on the four babies we have here in the house.  I have to say that four babies who are in need is a lot more work than just two! Haha It has been challenging at times, but we are pressing on. I love that I am in a house that I can give hugs and kisses to babies all the time. It has been the times when I see improvement in their condition that gives us such joy and excitement. Evans and Emily are the two new babies here and they are getting stronger and stronger as the days go by. Evans is starting to walk all by himself after being so weak to even stand when arriving. Juliana has her good days and bad, she is HIV positive so the virus acts up often giving her a very high fever and ear infections. It breaks my heart of course to see a innocent baby AWLAYS sick. How comforting to know that I am serving a God that never forgets the pain this world brings for others. God is so faithful to show me how much he cares for his people.  On challenging days I keep reminding and myself the simple truths that sustain who I am. Letting my mind be renewed every day by meditating on the FACT that Christ is my life and I have this new life in me…this truth is what TRANSFORMS who we are in Christ. What an AWESOME thing that has been done for me. I am given this new life and seen holy through Christ before the maker of this universe.   I have been praying for the Holy Spirit to be more evident in my life to others around me. I am just so pumped to Christ face to face one day and be in the throne room with our great GOD. I am so excited that the body of Christ is Christ’s bride. I don’t know about you, but I can’t think of anybody in this world that I would want to be the bride of more than Christ! :)  Living my life for Him and the joy it brings cannot be compared to anything this world can offer.
They are in the process of building the Children’s home out at Echoing Hills. We hope to be moving in babies there very soon…once the building construction is done. We will then be able to take in ten sick or abandoned babies in the home. 
I have been also still pursuing sign language with the deaf at Echoing Hills. This picture of them makes me laugh. "I love you" I didn’t realize what they were doing until I looked at it later…even though it is backwards "you love I"…it made it all the more funny…they are always cracking jokes. Haha We are all becoming really good friends. They are great people. They all are so patient to teach me and very understanding when I need them to sign OVER and OVER! The three of them together are hilarious. I have a really good time getting to know their culture. 


I also got to go to a different village with Dinah last week. It was a great experience once again. These are some pictures of what the village looked like.  Seeing all these different cultures that God has allowed to develop is eye opening.  We all serve the same God and have the same creator so they are all in need of that truth.  Of course I cannot speak their language and I will not be here long enough or go often enough to learn…so please pray that missionaries will go to these villages often to preach the gospel. 




On the way home from the village we stopped at a fishing community because Dinah needed to pick up some fish.  So while I was waiting I got to play with the kids there. It was SO much fun. They were teaching me 
how to dance, and how to play some children Ghanaian games. We all had so much fun. 







I also got to make fufu when I was visiting some friends here, which is what I am doing in the picture with the stick. The tall thing I am pointing to is an ANT HILL! WHAT?!  I know…it’s HUGE! haha





I am excited to see what God will continue to do while I am here! Please continue to pray for the babies here at the home and the work being done at Echoing Hills.
May He be glorified,
Selina

1 comment:

  1. Selina! I love your pictures and your writing! it was SO encouraging to read this...I miss you! let's skype soon.

    ReplyDelete