Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hello Everyone! It is May 16th and with exciting news! I got my visa extended successfully! :) Praise God. It went very smoothly, with the help of mama Dinah (Missionary nurse with FIM Ghana). She is so sweet and I thank God for her. The Kwao family have really made my stay here very welcoming and it has been so nice to feel a part of their family.
The last couple days have been a struggle…I threw my back out. haha! Its okay you can laugh...just imagine me unable to stand straight and waddling around. hehe ;) (don’t ask me how I did it) So I have been staying low for the past couple days. Praise God I am almost back to normal today. It is so crazy how little things like that can stop you from doing the normal things during the day and it can be quite frustrating! Haha Oh well, its healing, that’s all I care about!
Other exciting news is that a couple from the states is coming here this week to experience Ghana for possible future ministry here. Yay for people staying in the house with ME!!! It will be fun to show them around and I will continue to pray that they will want to come here to Ghana for ministry!! So I am looking forward to a fun week coming up. I have been keeping myself busy. Still going to the Baby HOMe and also volunteering at Beacon House. It has been exciting to see Sandra improving on her studies at HOMe as I am tutoring her. She continues to show interest in learning. I pray so hard that she will be able to attend school soon!! The babies are doing well! They continue to grow in my heart and it is always so nice to see their faces when I go there!! Highlight of my week: Akos smiled! This is huge, for I have seen hardly any facial expressions from her. I found her "ticklish" spot. I got so excited!!!! So I tickle her a lot, but sometimes she makes it clear that she has had enough! haha
Beacon House is always a joy to go to. There is nothing better than being swarmed by kids when you first walk through the door. To get free hugs and hear their laughter and smiles in the morning, is always a great start to my day. I teach the pre-school in the morning, and if their energy doesn’t wake me up at 8:30 in the morning, nothing will! haha I then work with one little boy and a much older person that lives there in the early afternoon who have disabilities. They are all a joy to work with.
There always seems to be something that needs to get done during the day after I am done working with the kids and babies. Whether it something that needs to get fixed at the house(which seems like all the time! Haha), errands, making dinner, power going off, meeting with people, power going off again!! Haha It is very eye opening to what it would be like to not only take care of myself and the house, but if I had a family too! God is teaching me a lot and I am enjoying getting a taste of overall missionary life. Excited to see what God has for me in the future and I am praying that He has long term missions overseas in my life.
I should go... I need to prepare for the couple coming today! Can’t wait to pick them up from the airport! May He be glorified, Selina

No comments:

Post a Comment