Monday, April 30, 2012

Hello everyone. Well a month has gone by! Wow! It is true the sun keeps rising and setting here in Ghana and with every day that passes I ask God for direction and guidance. I will be honest with all of you, it has been a hard month. It comes with two sides, I love to cuddle babies and teach children and play and interact with kids that need it!!! At the same time, it is hard to be away from family and friends and what is familiar to me. This is natural to feel I suppose, being here on my own. Coming from a house in the states that was always so busy, to a place where I have no family to come home to can be hard sometimes. Wow, but God is teaching me a lot so far and without a doubt preparing me for something bigger in the future. I am trying to find continual peace and joy in Him in my time alone, some days are harder than others, but at this time trusting the Lord that He has me here for a purpose. Today I taught three young children this morning at beacon house which was a lot of fun. Afterward I got to play with the cutest little boy for the afternoon.
Recently I got to attend a crusade with Franklin Graham speaking. I wanted to see and experience what that would be like. I was very encouraged to see so many people wanting to give their life to Christ. I can only pray they were all genuine in their hearts. A lot of people showed up!
This past Saturday I got to go to see what a Ghanaian wedding is like. It was very interesting and a cool experience. Their weddings are very different then here in the States :) A picture of me and my friend at the wedding.
The little girl I sat next to. :)
A sweet girl I teach in the mornings!
Thank you all for your prayers! I really do appreciate them so much! May He be glorified, Selina

No comments:

Post a Comment