Friday, May 21, 2010

Finished up Bible School. What next?



All I can say is that time has gone by SO FAST! I cannot believe that two years has gone by this fast. I am home now preparing or my future time in Ghana, Africa. I am leaving September 15 2010, and will be coming home on March 5 of 2011. I am so EXCITED! Here is my prayer letter for those who did not get to read it!



Dear Family and Friends,
For those of you who do not know, I have finished up my two years here at New Tribes Bible Institute. Even though I am sad to leave the close fellowship, as well as the teaching of God’s Word in the classroom, there is one thing that came with me as I graduated: God has and is continually transforming my heart to His. He has given me an understanding of what His grace truly means, giving me a heart that desperately wants to show that grace and love toward others.

God has given me a true realization of how temporary and fragile this world is. I come away with reminding myself of this wonderful truth: Christ has given us complete provision to live life with an indescribable joy and peace, knowing that we are complete in Him. Any one of us may die tomorrow, so let us pray to live for Him every day and walk in the light that God has given us. I pray that God will show us what is truly important as we grow and learn to find the strength and confidence He has given to us through Jesus Christ.

I have been praying for God to give me an opportunity to serve Him overseas on a longer-term mission trip shortly after Bible School. I have wanted to get a good feel for what full time missions will be like. God is so faithful to answer our prayers. I have been given an opportunity to work with West African Mercy Ministries (WAMM) in Ghana, Africa, this coming September, 2010. I will be staying with Brian and Debbie McIntyre and their family at their home in the capital city of Accra. Sadly, with extremely poor hospital care in Ghana, many orphaned babies and small children with illnesses are denied essential care. The result is that they are left to die. West African Mercy Ministries has a heart to care for the babies and young children that are in need of serious care and nurturing. May God allow me to help care for the sick orphaned children that are growing in overwhelming numbers daily in Ghana! I will also have the opportunity to work with Handivangelism, a mission organization that works with handicap individuals. I want to show these individuals Christ’s love and tell them about His saving grace!

I am unable to express how much prayer would be appreciated right now and also when I am over in Ghana! The body of Christ is so important. I am not able to do this alone; every single one of your prayers are needed! Pray that I am able to find a job this summer to save money for the trip. I plan on leaving mid-September, 2010, and I will return at the end of February of 2011. Because I will be staying in Ghana for 5 to 6 months, there are going to be some costs I, alone, cannot fully cover, such as my plane ticket, vaccines, a visa, monthly living costs and so forth. Keep in prayer God’s workings through WAMM ministry in Ghana, as well as for myself in preparation for the trip.

By His grace,
Selina Byykkonen


If God has inclined you to give financially, you can send your donation with earmark “Selina Byykkonen, Ghana” to one of the following locations:

Calvary Baptist Church 105 Iroquois Drive, Negaunee, MI 49866

Eastwood Apostolic Lutheran Church 121 Sunset Drive, Negaunee, MI 49866

HOME:
Selina Byykkonen
1865 North Lake Drive
Ishpeming MI, 49849

Email: selinairene27@yahoo.com
Phone number: (906) 204-2062

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO PUMPED FOR YOU GIRL! I LOVE THE PICS! I HOPE TO GO TO AFRICA SOON. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ME HELPING OUT OVER THERE? IN SUMMER FOR A MONTH OR SO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaco!!! I miss you man! The chances of helping over here ARE VERY HIGH! Pretty much a guarantee! :) Come before I leave! haha but you have school right?! MTC in January!! Awesome! :)
    praying for you Jaco!
    you are missed!

    ReplyDelete